HelpNow: As the school year comes to an end, connect to Brainfuse to prepare for your upcoming finals.Take a practice test in SkillSurfer and connect with a tutor to review your results and build your skills. #Brainfuse #HelpNow #WhatLibrariesDo #BrainfuseCommunity #OnlineLearning #HomeworkHelp #Finals #PracticeTests #OnlineTutoring
Adult Basic Education is coming to the Graceville Public Library!
Steven Sterud, instructor, will be coming on the second Friday of each month from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Adult Basic Education includes assistance with GED or High School Diploma, ESL Skills, basic computer or keyboarding skills, resume assistance, locate and apply for jobs, prepare for the MN written driving test, internet research, and Microsoft Office. He will also be able to help you with your Chrome Book, Ipad, digital camera, and more!
Everything is individualized and self-paced. Open to anyone who is 17 years old and older. All assistance is FREE!
Please call the library to register at 320-748-7332 or you may contact Steven at 1-320-760-6613 if you have questions. You will be required to wear a mask and social distance while in the library.
I have been talking with the instructor, Steve Sterud, with Adult Basic Education. Currently Steve is at the Ortonville Public Library every Friday afternoon from12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. We are talking about offering a session once a month to start with. A survey is available at the Graceville Public Library for you to complete. We would like to know what area(s) you would be interested in. They offer: 1) preparation for the GED; 2) Learn ESL (English is as a Second Language) Skills; 3) Learn or enhance basic computer or keyboarding skills; 4) Create, edit, and post your resume; 5) Locate and apply for jobs; 6) Prepare for the MN Written Driving Test; 7) Conduct Internet Research: 8) Improve your Microsoft Office proficiency; 9) Chrome books, iPads, Digital Cameras, and more! This is all individual and self-paced. Open to anyone who is 17 years of age or older. Please take the time to stop in and complete a survey. If you cannot do that, please call the library and let us know what you are interested in. Once we have an idea as the needs, we will try to get something scheduled. Please call 320-748-7332 or contact me email@example.com if you have any questions. Until we have this set up, you are welcome to come over to Ortonville for assistance.
We are offering a Sock Puppet making program to all children ages 4-13. All materials will be included in your kit except for a scissors. A link to a step-by-step guide on how to make will also be included. This program is FREE! We need to order so we need preregistration. Deadline to order your kit is Tuesday, December 8, 2020. Please call the library at 320-839-2494 to reserve yours. Quantities are limited!
Calling all 6-12 year olds!
Amy has developed a 31-day Book Challenge for the month of August. Starting on the 1st of August to the end of August, you are to read a book a day. We have a sheet at the library for you to pickup with a list of subjects we would like you to read. You can choose fiction or nonfiction. For the younger kids, you can choose to read step level books also. What better way to get yourself ready for the upcoming school year and have some fun?
You MUST get your books from the library and you MUST log your books on the sheet provided. Turn the sheet in after August 31st . Check out as many books as you want from the sheet but read one book a day!
REWARD: you will receive a book and a gift certificate to Headquarters upon completion. Good Luck! Have fun!
The door is now unlocked!! You are now welcome to come into the Graceville Public Library to browse for materials to check out. You will be allowed 15-20 minutes. Wearing a mask is required and use of hand sanitizer when you enter the library. There is a four person limit at a time. If you arrive and there are already four people in the library, you will need to wait or return at a later time. If you would like to make an appointment to insure you do get to come in when you want to, please call the library at 320-748-7332. Hours available for browsing are Tuesday 11-5; Wednesday and Thursday 1-5; Friday 1-4; and Saturday 10-12.
We are still doing computer appointments also. There are two computers available for use for one hour periods.
Curbside pickup will still be available for anyone who wants it.
BOOKS AVAILABLE IN GRACEVILLE ON BUGS
- Fingerprint bugs by Bobbie Nuytten – E 743.657 NUY
- Bugs are Insects by Anne Rockwell – J 595.7 ROC
- Woodpeckers: Drilling Holes and Bagging Bugs – J 598.72 COL
- The Ant and the Grasshopper by Barbara Vagnozzi Beer E BEER
- Bug Rescuer by Amy Cobb – E COBB
- Luna Loves Library Day by Joseph Coelho – E COELHO
- Scorpion vs. Centipede: Duel to the Death by Kimberly Feltes Taylor – J 595 FEL
- Encyclopedia Brown Gets His Man by Donald J. Sobol – J SOBOL
- Encyclopedia Brown Keeps the Peace by Donald J. Sobol – J SOBOL
- Encyclopedia Brown Finds the Clues by Donald J. Sobol – J SOBOL
- A Simple Case of Angels by Caroline Adderson – J ADDERS
- Burrow by Richard Spilbury – J 591.5648 SPI
- Spookley the Square Pumpkin – DVD J SPOOKL
- Bubble Guppies: Sunny Days! – DVD J BUBBLE
- Epic – DVD J EPIC
- Justin Case: Shells, Smells, and the Horrible Flip-Flops of Doom by Rachel Vail – J VAI
- March of the Penguins – DVD 598.47 MAR
- Criss Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins – J PER
- Tweety/Elmer Fudd – DVD J TWEETY
- Hungry Hoppers: Grasshoppers in Your Backyard by Nancy Loewen – E 595.726 LOE
- Living Lights: Fireflies in Your Backyard by Nancy Loewen – E 595.7644 LOE
- Tiny Workers: Ants in Your Backyard by Nancy Loewen – E 595.796 LOE
- Night Fliers: Moths in Your Backyard by Nancy Loewen – E 595.78 LOE
- Busy Buzzers: Bees in Your Backyard by Nancy Loewen – E 595.799 LOE
- Spotted Beetles: Ladybugs in Your Backyard by Nancy Loewen – E 595.769 LOE
- Five Green and Speckled Frogs by Martin Kelly – B KELLY
- Flik’s Perfect Gift by Judy Katschke – E KATSCH
- Miss Spider’s Tea Party by David Kirk– E KIRK
- Spiders by S.L. Hamilton – J 639.7 HAM
- Trapdoor Spiders by Kristine Spanier – E 595.4415 SPA
- Camel Spiders by Nikki Bruno – J 595.48 CLA
- Wild Insects and Spiders by Martin Kratt – E 595.7 KRA
- Miss Spider’s Sunny Patch Friends: Captain Sunny Patch – DVD J MISS
- Anansi and the Tug of War by Lesley Sims – E PB SIMS
- Anansi and the Bag of Wisdom by Lesley Sims – E PB SIMS
- Eek! That’s Creepy by Julia Lobo – J 793.73 LOB
- Animal Life by Richard Walker – J 590 WAL
- Charlotte’s Web – DVD J CHARLO
- Charlie and Lola. Volume One – DVD J CHARLI
- Diary of a Spider by Doreen Cronin – E CRONIN
- Dinosaurs and Other Creature Features – DVD J 567.9 DIN
- The Creepy Crawly Calypso by tony Langham – E LANGHA
- The Best Halloween Hunt Ever by John Speirs – E PB SPEIRS
SUMMER READING PROGRAM PROCEDURES
Starting next Thursday, there will be weekly Scavenger Hunts through July 16th. On July 23rd and 30th, we will have a craft packet for you to pick up and do.
Each week, on Tuesday or Wednesday, come to the library. Call us to let us know you are here. We will give you the clue sheet for that week. On Thursday, between the hours of 10 am and 8 pm, do the Scavenger Hunt. With each Scavenger Hunt, there is three questions you will need to answer. This is meant to be fun, but also a learning experience for you. Once you complete your questions, fold the sheet in half and drop in the dropbox (put your name on it). Once we look at your answer sheet, we will get your prize for the week ready for you. When you pick up your sheet on Week 2, we will give you your prize from Week 1 and so on throughout the 7 weeks. If you have to miss a week, that is fine. You will get your prize for each week you do complete. If you have questions, please contact us at the library. 320-748-7332.
The Clues will be posted on our Facebook page and website also on Thursday morning at 10:00.